- Associated Press - Friday, February 5, 2016

JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A 43-year-old man has died — possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning — in southwestern Michigan.

Cass County Sheriff Joseph Underwood Jr. says the incident was reported about 5:30 a.m. Friday at a home in Jefferson Township, southwest of Grand Rapids.

Paramedics found Andrew Weston of Columbus, Indiana, unresponsive in the basement. He was later pronounced dead. An autopsy will be performed to determine his exact cause of death.

Two adults and three young children were found on the first and second floors. They also appeared to be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning and were taken to area hospitals for treatment.

Police say an initial investigation indicates the source of carbon monoxide may have been an enclosed pool heating and boiler system adjacent to the basement.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide