- Associated Press - Friday, February 5, 2016

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - A day care in Rhode Island has been evacuated because of a carbon monoxide leak.

Police say the Early Learning Centers of Rhode Island in Barrington, Rhode Island, was evacuated Friday morning.

Children were tested for carbon monoxide inhalation. No one was taken to the hospital.

The Providence Journal reports there were 18 children, including infants and toddlers, and about a dozen staff members in the building at the time.

The newspaper reports that fire officials say a rooftop heating-ventilation unit leaked carbon monoxide into the building.

Officials say the leak was due to an equipment malfunction, not the snow that blanketed the area Friday.

The day care closed for the day and parents picked up their children.

___

Information from: The Providence Journal, https://www.providencejournal.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide