- Associated Press - Sunday, February 7, 2016

HIGHSPIRE, Pa. (AP) - Authorities say one person died and two others were injured by apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a northeastern Pennsylvania home.

Police in Dauphin County were called to the Highspire residence at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday and found the three victims overcome by the fumes.

Authorities said one man was later pronounced dead while a second man was in critical condition. A woman was listed in fair condition.

Investigators tested the air quality of the home and found high levels of carbon monoxide, but the source hasn’t been determined.

WHP reports that one of the victims said some work had been done on the house in the last few days that may have led to the leak.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide