OAKLAND, Maine (AP) - Officials in Maine say two people were treated for burns after fleeing a fire that engulfed their mobile home in Oakland.
The Morning Sentinel reports (https://bit.ly/23RtAZx ) that three adults and a teenager escaped from the burning home at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday - three through a door and one had to climb out a window.
Oakland Fire Chief David Coughlin says smoke detectors “absolutely saved their lives.”
Coughlin said an electrical wiring problem caused the fire and that the home is a total loss. A dog and five cats were unaccounted for.
Officials did not identify the four residents who fled the fire.
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.