- Associated Press - Tuesday, January 12, 2016

BOSTON (AP) - Fire officials say a blaze sparked by an accident with dental equipment at a home in Boston’s Mattapan section injured a firefighter and two other people.

Crews responded to the house fire on Babson Street around 4 p.m. Monday. The building serves as both a residence and a dentist’s office.

Fire Commissioner Joseph Finn says first responders were met by “an elderly gentleman” who said his adult son was still inside the engulfed home.

The son was pulled from the 2 ½ story structure and was taken to Boston Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. His father was also hospitalized with injuries. He is expected to survive.

A firefighter who slipped and fell inside the home was hospitalized for a leg injury.

The home is considered a total loss.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide