- Associated Press - Wednesday, January 13, 2016

SALEM, N.H. (AP) - Police in Salem say a man got into his car after injecting heroin and left his foot on the accelerator pedal, causing the engine to overheat and catch on fire.

Police said the man will be taken to a Boston area hospital for burn treatment of his lungs and carbon monoxide poisoning.

The accident happened at about 8 a.m. Wednesday after firefighters responded to a vehicle fire in Salem and found the man passed out inside. They pulled him out of the vehicle.

His name has not been released.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide