- Associated Press - Friday, January 22, 2016

AMES, Iowa (AP) - A tent fire meant an early wakeup for Iowa State University students lined up for a basketball game.

The Ames Fire Department says firefighters responded about 3:30 a.m. Friday to the fire in a tent outside Hilton Coliseum.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which was caused by combustible material that was too close to a propane heater inside a tent. No one was injured.

The tent was one of many being used by students who have lined up for a Monday night game between 19th ranked Iowa State and the University of Kansas, which is ranked third.

Fire officials say that students lined up around the arena have general admission tickets and are hoping to get the best seats to watch the game.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide