- Associated Press - Sunday, January 24, 2016

GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) - Authorities say an elderly couple in Greenville, South Carolina, has died of carbon monoxide poisoning during the massive winter snow storm.

Greenville County Coroner Parks Evans said in an email that carbon monoxide is the suspected cause of death for the couple who were in their 80s.

He said 86-year-old Ruby Bell and her husband, 87-year-old Robert Bell, were found dead at home by their son over the weekend. He said the time of death was believed to be Friday night.

Russell Watson, the Duncan Chapel Fire District chief, told The Greenville News that the couple had lost power during the storm and a relative had set up a generator in their garage. Watson said the relative left the garage door propped open with a ladder, but it somehow closed and the generator filled the house with carbon monoxide.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide