- Associated Press - Sunday, January 24, 2016

PASSAIC, N.J. (AP) - Authorities say a 23-year-old northern New Jersey mom and her year-old son died of carbon monoxide poisoning while sitting in a running car that had its tailpipe covered in snow.

Passaic police say the woman’s 3-year-old daughter was also hurt and is hospitalized in “very critical condition.”

Authorities found the three when they responded to a Sherman Street location around 8:15 p.m. Saturday. The woman’s husband had been shoveling snow for about 20 minutes and when he returned to the car, he found his family unresponsive.

Residents performed CPR on the three victims before they were taken to a hospital, where the mother and her son were pronounced dead a short time later. Their names have not been released.

No other injuries were reported in the incident.


Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), https://www.northjersey.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide