- Associated Press - Sunday, January 24, 2016

FRANKLIN, N.H. (AP) - New Hampshire fire investigators say that wood stove ashes that were discarded too close to a Franklin home likely sparked the blaze that destroyed it.

WMUR-TV reports (bit.ly/1TjckYq) that a man who lived in the Nelson Street house was able to escape uninjured before firefighters arrived at about 9:30 p.m. Friday.

Franklin fire officials say the ashes were discarded outside, but close to combustible material. The house is deemed a total loss. The Red Cross is assisting the displaced resident.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide