- Associated Press - Friday, January 29, 2016

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - An Omaha man was found dead and his sister was hospitalized after Omaha firefighters responded to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Department says 74-year-old Terry Hart was found dead in an Omaha home Friday afternoon and his sister, 72-year-old Joyce Porter, was found in critical condition in the basement. She was taken to the Nebraska Medical Center.

Investigators say a car was accidentally left running in the garage overnight. Hart was found in the bedroom above the garage.

Relatives called 911 around 2:20 p.m. Friday after Hart and Porter didn’t show up to meet family members for lunch.

An autopsy is scheduled for Saturday.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide