- Associated Press - Friday, January 29, 2016

GUNTERSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - Fire officials say an apparent carbon monoxide leak in the main lodge at Lake Guntersville State Park resulted in six people being taken to a hospital.

Al.com (https://bit.ly/1m0IE4G ) reports the problem occurred Thursday afternoon.

Capt. Brian Walls of Guntersville Fire and Rescue says firefighters arrived at the park to find multiple people suffering from symptoms including headaches, dizziness, nausea and vomiting. He says six were taken to a hospital, and others were evacuated from the building.

Walls says the problem appeared to originate with a boiler ventilation system. He says the building was ventilated to allow the gas to escape.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide