- Associated Press - Thursday, January 7, 2016

LAS VEGAS (AP) - No fire was found after a sprinkler went off at a restaurant in the Cosmopolitan hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip.

The Clark County Fire Department said it responded to the posh high-rise about 9 p.m. Wednesday.

A sprinkler above a wood-burning oven that smokes meat had turned on at the Jaleo tapas restaurant on the third floor.

No traces of fire were found.

No one was hurt and there was no evacuation.

Authorities said it may have been caused by a mechanical malfunction or a too-high temperature.

The Cosmopolitan said the restaurant closed for repairs but was reopening for lunch Thursday.

Last July, two people were treated for smoke inhalation when a fire involving fake palm trees started by the pool on the 14th floor.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide