- Associated Press - Saturday, January 9, 2016

PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) - A propane explosion from a gas leak at a Princess Anne home has sent a man to the hospital.

Princess Anne Fire Chief Randell Redding says firefighters responded to the home Thursday afternoon. He says a man working for Peninsula Oil was at the house filling the propane tank when the explosion happened. The man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

Two women were inside the home when the explosion occurred. They weren’t injured.

Redding says there was an overflow of propane filling the house when the man tried to light the pilot, causing the explosion.

The State Fire Marshal estimates there are about $15,000 in damages.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide