- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 12, 2016

MINOT, N.D. (AP) - Minot residents who have counted on an affordable travel option are concerned about the loss of the city’s sole intercity bus service.

The Minot Daily News (https://bit.ly/29FIiOM) reports that Jefferson Lines stopped serving Minot in the last week of June.

The company didn’t respond to requests for comment from the newspaper.

Louis McLeod is executive director of the Minot Area Homeless Coalition. He says service stopped without warning, which is troubling since the coalition helps between eight and 10 people per month travel by bus to other places.

Minot’s Domestic Violence Crisis Center has also used the bus to get clients who need to temporarily leave Minot for safety reasons to Bismarck.



Kate Olson of the emergency shelter says there isn’t funding that would let staff members transport people.

___

Information from: Minot Daily News, https://www.minotdailynews.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide