- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 13, 2016

THETFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Officials say a ceiling light bulb caused a fire last week that destroyed a clubhouse and dozens of golf carts at a Flint-area golf course.

Co-owner Teresa Casselman tells The Flint Journal (https://bit.ly/29BVIHU ) that the state fire marshal determined the source of the fire at a cart storage barn at the 18-hole Vienna Greens Golf Course in Genesee County’s Thetford Township.

The fire started around 1 a.m. July 6 and spread to the clubhouse. About 50 carts in the barn were destroyed and the roof caved in on the clubhouse.

Casselman says she’s rented some golf carts and plan to lease more.

Casselman and her sister and Mary Jane Key have co-owned the golf course for 20 years. They plan to rebuild. Their parents previously owned the club.


Information from: The Flint Journal, https://www.mlive.com/flint

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide