- Associated Press - Thursday, July 14, 2016

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) - Investigators say a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Grand Forks and killed three pets started in the kitchen.

A neighbor reported the fire Tuesday night. The family was not home at the time. Two cats and a dog died.

Fire officials say a stove burner was left on in the kitchen, and it ignited combustible materials on top of the stove. The flames then spread to cabinets and walls.

Investigators have ruled the fire accidental.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide