- Associated Press - Thursday, July 14, 2016

FLOWER MOUND, Texas (AP) - An 18-year-old North Texas man engrossed in playing the addictive “Pokemon GO” game on his smartphone in a park wound up in a hospital after he failed to see a venomous snake, stepped on it snake and got bit.

Lane Smith told authorities in Flower Mound he was playing the game Tuesday with a friend who apparently noticed the snake - believed a copperhead - but too late to warn him. Smith, who was wearing flip-flops, says he thought he stepped on a stick - until it bit him on his big right toe.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports (https://bit.ly/29Kw1ti ) Smith’s mother took him to an emergency center, and he then was transferred by ambulance to a hospital.

He was released Wednesday afternoon.


Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article89547622.html#storylink=cpy


Information from: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, https://www.star-telegram.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide