- Associated Press - Monday, July 18, 2016

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Authorities say food left cooking on a stove sparked a blaze at a Birmingham apartment complex.

AL.com (https://bit.ly/29TUHzo ) reports that Birmingham Fire and Rescue responded Sunday night to 609 Valley Avenue to find heavy smoke coming from the apartment.

Capt. Tobias Jones says firefighters’ quick response and a fire wall kept the blaze from spreading to adjacent units or upstairs apartments.

Jones says the apartment was heavily damaged and that one resident was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

One resident says he is still looking for his dog.

It was not immediately clear if any other residents would be displaced because of smoke or water damage.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide