- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 19, 2016

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Boys playing in a garage are being blamed for a fire that spread to two houses in Lincoln.

Firefighters were dispatched to the homes just after 5 p.m. Monday. Fire investigator Mike Wright says boys 7, 8 and 11 were playing when one knocked over a gas can, spilling gas onto the floor. One of the boys then struck a piece of flint, igniting the flames.

The fire damage to the garage and two houses was estimated at about $250,000. None of the boys or occupants of the houses was injured.

One firefighter was sent to a hospital to be checked out for exertion during the day’s heat.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide