- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 20, 2016

SHERMAN, Texas (AP) - Officials say a 55-year-old man appears to have died of smoke inhalation in a North Texas house fire.

Police in Sherman, located about 65 miles north of Dallas, said that fire officials ruled the cause of the fire Wednesday morning as electrical, and that it started in an air-conditioning unit.

Officials have said the body of Scott Totten was found in an upstairs bedroom after firefighters got the blaze under control.

Police say the cause of death will be listed as accidental and an autopsy has not been ordered.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide