- Associated Press - Thursday, July 21, 2016

CHARLOTTE, Mich. (AP) - Plans are moving forward to turn a 432-acre gravel pit in the Lansing area into Eaton County’s largest park.

The Lansing State Journal reports (https://on.lsj.com/29Y6nxD ) the Eaton County Board of Commissioners voted Wednesday to move ahead with a $3.9 million acquisition of the property that’s known as Crandell Lake. It’s located between Charlotte and Eaton Rapids.

State grant money would be used to buy the property that includes a 160-acre lake. Money from the state will pay for 75 percent of the purchase and property owner Randy Crandell plans to donate the remaining 25 percent. The project had been at a standstill for six years.

The nonprofit Friends of Eaton County Parks is involved in the effort. Nature trails, camping sites, a beach, fishing area and amphitheater are possible.


Information from: Lansing State Journal, https://www.lansingstatejournal.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide