- Associated Press - Friday, July 22, 2016

WICHITA FALLS, Texas (AP) - A second North Texas municipal worker has died after being exposed to poisonous gas while not wearing protective gear for breathing.

A Wichita Falls city statement says David Sheppard died Friday at a Dallas hospital where he’d been since the July 2 incident at a wastewater treatment plant. The other worker, Daniel Arredondo, died July 10.

A city investigation found that Sheppard and Arredondo were exposed to hydrogen sulfide while doing valve maintenance in a basement area of the plant.

A city statement says Sheppard and Arredondo were trained to use protective apparatus and initially put on the gear during the work. Another employee later found both men unconscious and not wearing any self-contained breathing devices.

Other crews finished the repairs.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide