- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 27, 2016

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - A judge has declined to dismiss a lawsuit against North Dakota’s State Health Council over an alleged illegal meeting during which the group approved new rules for radioactive waste.

The Health Council earlier this month said it will redo the August 2015 meeting. Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem had said in March that the council violated state law by not providing adequate notice of the meeting.

The attorney for environmental groups that sued in April said she plans to press forward despite the do-over meeting scheduled Aug. 9.

The Health Council had asked the court to dismiss the lawsuit, but The Bismarck Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/2a9yoD0 ) Judge Thomas Schneider declined. He says some facts need to be clarified, including whether anyone was harmed by not having adequate notice of last August’s meeting.

___



Information from: Bismarck Tribune, https://www.bismarcktribune.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide