- Associated Press - Thursday, July 28, 2016

GUILFORD, Vt. (AP) - Vermont fire investigators say an explosion that destroyed a Guilford home was most likely caused by a ruptured propane line in the basement of the home.

But police are still trying to determine what caused the line to rupture and what ignited the propane that had leaked into the house.

Home owner Richard Holden was trapped in the rubble for a time after the Wednesday morning explosion.

Police say the 64-year-old Holden remains hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide