- Associated Press - Saturday, July 30, 2016

CARBONDALE, Kan. (AP) - Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in the deaths of two people found in an eastern Kansas home.

The Topeka Capital-Journal reports (https://j.mp/2ahWgVX ) that the two bodies were found Friday in an unoccupied Carbondale home south of Topeka. The home had been undergoing work recently.

Osage County Sheriff Laurie Dunn says law enforcement originally arrived at the home investigating a report of a deceased person, and when they arrived they found the second body.

The victims were identified as 54-year-old Gregory Bayless and 51-year-old Troy Adkins. Both were from Topeka.

Authorities said the two victims had been working at the home and may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning linked to gas generators.



But Dunn says the causes of death won’t be finalized until an autopsy is complete.

___

Information from: The Topeka (Kan.) Capital-Journal, https://www.cjonline.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide