- Associated Press - Saturday, July 30, 2016

PROVO, Utah (AP) - A Provo property that caught fire early Friday is a total loss, but the homeowner and his dog are safe thanks to people who ran inside and woke the man up.

The Daily Herald reports (https://bit.ly/2a81ar9) Provo and Orem crews fought the blaze for almost three hours.

Provo Fire Department fire marshal Kevin Paxton said a couple of people who noticed the flames ran inside the house to wake up the man who lived there.

He said after five more minutes the outcome would have been much different.

Paxton said the fire was likely electrical and spread from a shed behind the home.



___

Information from: The Daily Herald, https://www.heraldextra.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide