- Associated Press - Monday, July 4, 2016

GRAHAM, Wash. (AP) - In a story July 3 about a fire in Graham, Washington, The Associated Press reported erroneously the time of the blaze. It was Saturday, not Sunday.

A corrected version of the story is below:

Graham home destroyed by fireworks

Authorities say a home in Graham, Washington has been destroyed after a teen accidentally shot a firework into the residence and set it ablaze

GRAHAM, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a home in Graham, Washington has been destroyed after a teen accidentally shot a firework into the residence and set it ablaze.

No injuries were reported in the Saturday evening incident. Neighbors had been able to rescue pets that were inside the home.

Fire officials say a teen neighbor had lit a firework in the yard next door that fired straight into the side of the home. The blaze had spread into the attic by the time firefighters arrived.

Graham Fire & Rescue says the teen and his family have been cooperating with the investigation.

Crews have declared the home a total loss due to smoke and water damage.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide