- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 5, 2016

COVENTRY, R.I. (AP) - A woman is dead and her husband remains hospitalized after a fire at their mobile home in Coventry.

Crews arriving at the scene for reports of a gas grill explosion Monday night found the trailer engulfed in flames.

Officers rescued the husband but were unable to reach his wife in time. Her body was found inside the home after firefighters contained the blaze.

Neighbors tell WJAR-TV that the wife was ill and bed-ridden.

Police say the husband was taken to Rhode Island Hospital with injuries that don’t appear to be life-threatening. Two police officers were taken to Kent County Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The couple’s names are being withheld pending family notification. The State Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.



Click to Read More

Click to Hide