- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 5, 2016

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) - A fire caused by fireworks destroyed a house in Victor.

Donna Cronister tells KECI-TV (https://bit.ly/29vu4zh ) that she and her husband were setting off fireworks at about 10:30 p.m. Monday when one of the pyrotechnics went off sideways, sending sparks toward their house.

Victor Fire chief Scott Hackett says the firework landed under a juniper bush, causing a fire that spread rapidly. He says the house is a total loss.

The homeowners were not injured but Hackett says a firefighter was injured when an artificial beam in the living room fell on his head.

Cronister says her dog got out of the house and a firefighter rescued a cat that was hiding under the bed.

___

Information from: KECI-TV, https://www.keci.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide