- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 6, 2016

BEATRICE, Neb. (AP) - Investigators say an electrical glitch in the cab of a combine sparked a fire overnight that heavily damaged the machine shop of a John Deere dealership in Beatrice.

The Beatrice Daily Sun reports (https://bit.ly/29sK3xu ) that firefighters were first called to Landmark Implement around 9 p.m. Tuesday. Firefighters battled the flames until after midnight.

One firefighter was taken to a Beatrice hospital for treatment of heat exhaustion.

No one else was injured.

Officials did not have an estimate Wednesday of the damage, but expect it to be significant.

___

Information from: Beatrice Sun, https://www.beatricedailysun.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide