- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 6, 2016

MANDAN, N.D. (AP) - Mandan officials say a ban on fireworks at city parks helped keep parks clean over the Fourth of July weekend.

The Bismarck Tribune reports (https://bit.ly/29n9Au8 ) that the Mandan Park Board approved the ban earlier this year following complaints about trash and spooked horses from the Mandan Rodeo Committee.

Mandan Police Lt. Pat Haug says officers issued at least seven $75 fines for shooting fireworks off in the parks over the weekend.

Mandan Parks and Recreation Director Cole Higlin says the new ban did help keep parks clean. He says in past years, workers spent two weeks cleaning up fireworks debris from the parks.

___

Information from: Bismarck Tribune, https://www.bismarcktribune.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide