- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 6, 2016

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Two Ogden men who filed a lawsuit last year against the city and county over a now-defunct gang injunction want their associated records to be cleared.

The Standard-Examiner reported (https://bit.ly/29rOj07 ) Tuesday that Leland McCubbin and Daniel Lucero filed a motion in June to expand their October 2015 lawsuit claiming they were falsely labeled as gang members.

The city objected to the recent motion, citing the fact that the Utah Supreme Court had already overturned the injunction in 2013.

McCubbin says he left the gang two years before the injunction was issued in 2010.

Lucero says he was never a member.

They were convicted under the rule that made it illegal for members of the Ogden Trece gang to appear together in public or be out past an 11 p.m. curfew.

___

Information from: Standard-Examiner, https://www.standard.net


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide