- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 6, 2016

MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (AP) - A New Jersey prosecutor says a 42-year-old man accused of fatally shooting his former employer confessed to the killing over the weekend.

The Burlington County Times reports (https://bit.ly/29mCMBl ) David Stead made his first appearance in court Tuesday through a teleconference. A judge kept bail at $1 million for the Pemberton Township man.

Stead is charged with first degree-murder, robbery and related offenses in the slaying of Thomas Wright II, who was found dead Friday in his Tabernacle Township home.

Burlington County Assistant Prosecutor Michael Angermeier says Stead confessed to shooting his former boss. Authorities say Stead went to Wright’s home with the intent of robbing him but ended up shooting him before driving off in a rented pickup truck Wright had been using.

It’s unclear whether Stead has an attorney.

___

Information from: Burlington County Times (Willingboro, N.J.), https://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide