- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 1, 2016

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - The Diocese of St. Cloud says 74 claims of sexual abuse of minors have been made against it and none of the claims involve anyone who is currently in parish ministry.

A three-year window that lifted the statute of limitations on allegations of clergy abuse in Minnesota closed last week. A statement from the diocese names 31 clergy members who served in the St. Cloud district.

The diocese says its staff is working with attorneys to identify insurance coverage that could be directed to the resolution of the claims.

The St. Cloud Times (https://on.sctimes.com/22tr2in ) says Bishop Donald Kettler has asked parishioners to pray for the healing of victims and survivors of clergy abuse and for a resolution to the civil claims made under the state law.

___

Information from: St. Cloud Times, https://www.sctimes.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide