- Associated Press - Tuesday, June 14, 2016

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Gov. Pat McCrory wasn’t attending Donald Trump’s North Carolina rally but planned to participate in a fundraiser with the presidential candidate to boost Republican Party finances for November.

McCrory campaign spokesman Ricky Diaz said a “scheduling issue” prevented the governor from going to Trump’s Tuesday night appearance at the Greensboro Coliseum complex.

But Diaz says the governor was slated to attend a private event earlier Tuesday featuring Trump and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus (ryns PREE’-bus) for the GOP’s “victory fund.”

Democrats have been watching how McCrory would react to a visit by Trump, whom they consider a liability for his re-election bid against Roy Cooper.

McCrory has said he would support the Republican presidential nominee - whoever it was - and confirmed he will back Trump last week.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide