- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 15, 2016

NEW YORK (AP) - Fire marshals say faulty wiring caused a fire that damaged a church in Brooklyn.

The Fire Department says the blaze started around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Mount Sinai Baptist Church in Bedford-Stuyvesant.

The fire was under control about an hour later. No injuries were reported.

The fire started on the first floor of the three-story church. Fire marshals say it was caused by the church’s electrical wiring.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide