- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 29, 2016

SOUTHGATE, Mich. (AP) - A company that owns a Detroit-area fast food restaurant says glass from a broken light bulb may have gotten into a child’s burger.

WXYZ-TV reports (https://bit.ly/28ZQGEZ ) a woman brought her 3-year-old daughter to a Wendy’s in Southgate on Monday and heard an unusual crunching sound when the child bit into the burger. Police were called and the girl was taken to a hospital.

According to a police report, a manager told officers that glass was broken in a back area where food is prepared.

Starboard Group, which owns the restaurant, said in a statement: “This is an extremely unfortunate accident and we quickly investigated.” The company said “it appears a light bulb may have broken during maintenance activity in the restaurant.”

The station says the child is recovering at home.


Information from: WXYZ-TV, https://www.wxyz.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide