- Associated Press - Friday, June 3, 2016

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Bail was set at $250,000 on Friday for a North Las Vegas man accused of shooting and wounding two tourists from Australia and two other people last weekend on a downtown Las Vegas sidewalk.

Pierre Terrell Devlin’s attorney, Alissa Engler, said following his brief initial court appearance that she didn’t know if Devlin could post bail ahead of a preliminary hearing June 20.

Engler identified Devlin in court as a bus driver in Las Vegas who owns his home. She said he surrendered with his lawyer to police after learning that he was sought.

Devlin, 32, is charged with attempted murder, battery, conspiracy and a weapon crime that could get him decades in prison if he’s convicted.

The judge entered a not guilty plea on his behalf.

Police Officer Laura Meltzer said police are still looking for a second suspect in the shooting early Sunday.

Prosecutor Liz Mercer told Justice of the Peace Diana Sullivan that two of the shooting victims were from Queensland, Australia. She said later the other two were from Las Vegas.

One victim had been reported to have been in critical condition. Mercer said she had no updates on their medical conditions.

The prosecutor said police found a gun at Devlin’s home believed to have been used in the shooting.

Witnesses told police that Devlin and another man argued with the four people before one of the suspects retrieved a handgun from a white Lexus sedan and opened fire.

Police said shots also were fired from the Lexus as it drove away.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide