- Associated Press - Thursday, June 30, 2016

LITCHFIELD, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut man is headed to prison for his role in a 2014 plot to shoot and blow up two high schools.

The Republican-American (https://bit.ly/293XxNY ) reports that 21-year-old Peter Thulin of Torrington was sentenced Tuesday in Litchfield to seven years in prison.

Authorities say Thulin teamed up with then-18-year-old Natalie Carpenter. The pair was living at a group home when another resident learned of their plan and notified the authorities.

Prosecutors say both Thulin and Carpenter plotted to buy guns and blow up schools in Danbury and Stratford. Police say Carpenter told them she had been bullied.

Police said they wanted to copy the 1999 Columbine High School shootings in Colorado.



Thulin didn’t contest the charges. Carpenter pleaded guilty earlier this year. She received a 7-year sentence.

___

Information from: Republican-American, https://www.rep-am.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide