- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 8, 2016

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Authorities in Northern California said Wednesday they have arrested three teenage boys involved in violent attacks against Donald Trump supporters after a political rally last week in San Jose.

One of the juvenile suspects was arrested for felony assault with a deadly weapon after he was recorded on video using a blunt object to strike a man who is then seen bleeding from the head, the San Jose Police Department said in a statement.

Police arrested two more suspects who were caught on video physically assaulting a man, chasing him and tackling him to the ground. One was arrested for felony assault with a deadly weapon and the other for misdemeanor battery, the department said.

The suspects’ names were not released because they are minors.

The department said it expects to make more arrested and released two photos of a man who they is responsible for an assault.

The arrests come after mounting criticism of the city of San Jose and its police department for what some say was a tepid and tardy response to attacks on Trump supporters after a June 2 political rally.

On Tuesday, authorities identified four men arrested the day of the rally as Ahmed Abdirahman, 19, and Robert Trillo, 18, both accused of felony assault with a deadly weapon, Michael Kitaigorodsky, 19, who was arrested on suspicion of refusal to disperse and Antonio Fernandez, 19, arrested and charged with assault on a peace officer.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide