- Associated Press - Thursday, June 9, 2016

NATALBANY, La. (AP) - A 15-year-old boy has been arrested on two counts of first-degree murder for his role in two shooting deaths.

The Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest Thursday. The victims, 24-year-old Charleston Mitchell and 31-year-old Randy Bickham, were killed June 2 in what police say appears to be a drug-related shooting in Natalbany (nah-TALL-bah-nee).

Details of the case weren’t released. The sheriff’s news release said more arrests are expected.

Sheriff Daniel Edwards said last week that the bodies of Bickham and Mitchell were found after deputies responded to a report of shots fired about 4:30 a.m. on June 2.

The suspect’s identity was not released. He could be charged as an adult.

Edwards’ office said the case also may be related to last Friday’s death of 18-year-old Marquise Lightfoot.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide