- Associated Press - Saturday, March 12, 2016

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Nebraska isn’t going to pursue opportunities to play in a postseason men’s basketball tournament.

Coach Tim Miles said Saturday night the decision was made after discussions with the team and athletic administration. Miles said there would have been possibilities for postseason play, but that the team had a long season that started in July with practices for a trip to Spain.

The Cornhuskers finish 16-18 after losing 97-86 to 18th-ranked Maryland in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten tournament. Nebraska reached the quarterfinals after beat Rutgers and Wisconsin, marking the first time since 2006 that the Huskers won consecutive conference tournament games.

Nebraska had been in contact with the College Basketball Invitational and new Vegas 16 tournament.


Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide