- Associated Press - Friday, March 18, 2016

NEW YORK (AP) - A man who was injured after a large construction crane collapsed in New York City last month has filed a $30 million claim against the city.

The New York Daily News reports (https://nydn.us/22oRs8x ) 73-year-old Thomas O’Brien, of North Easton, Massachusetts, filed the notice of claim Friday.

O’Brien says he was sitting in his parked car when the crane’s boom crashed down on the car’s roof Feb. 5. He alleges the city was negligent in monitoring the Manhattan construction site.

The crane fell as it was being lowered amid roughly 20 mph winds in a snow squall. The cause is still under investigation.

Wall Street worker David Wichs was killed in the collapse. Three others, including O’Brien, were injured.

A spokesman for the city’s law department says it will review O’Brien’s claim.


Information from: Daily News, https://www.nydailynews.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide