- Associated Press - Friday, March 18, 2016

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Officials say no one was hurt in a small kitchen fire at a restaurant at the Treasure Island hotel-casino property on the Las Vegas Strip.

Casino spokeswoman Michelle Knoll said the grease fire in the Senor Frog’s Restaurant and Bar started shortly after 10 a.m. Friday on a stove that was preparing food.

The kitchen area has self-extinguishing technology that contained the flare immediately.

The fire did sound the alarms, which prompted a large fire department response.

The Clark County Fire Department said the flame above the fryer caused smoke and the restaurant was evacuated.

No one was hurt.

The rest of the Treasure Island property wasn’t affected.

Senior Frogs is typically not open until the afternoon but it was operating early Friday for customers viewing the NCAA basketball tournament.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide