- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 2, 2016

NEW SHARON, Maine (AP) - The Maine State Fire Marshal’s Office says a fire that caused fatal burns to a man inside his car was likely sparked by a cigarette and fumes from an aerosol can.

Thirty-four-year-old Casey Turner of New Sharon suffered severe burns to his face and hands from the fire Tuesday night.

He was able to walk to a neighbor’s house to call for help at about 9 p.m. He was taken to MaineGeneral Medical Center in Augusta and then to Maine Medical Center, where he died.

Investigators say it was apparent that Turner was inhaling fumes from an aerosol can or “huffing.” They say he also was a smoker. Investigators say they found several empty aerosol cans inside the car.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More

Click to Hide