- Associated Press - Thursday, March 24, 2016

JERICHO, Vt. (AP) - Vermont State Police say a Jericho couple found dead inside their home Wednesday died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities say autopsy results confirmed the cause of the deaths of Thomas and Christine Dipietro, both 59.

Police say an investigation revealed that the vent tubing for their home’s heating unit became detached, causing the furnace to vent into the residence.

Investigators say the home did not have a carbon monoxide detector.

Co-workers alerted police when the couple did not show up for work. Firefighters responded Wednesday morning and found the couple dead and high levels of carbon dioxide inside the home.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide