- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 29, 2016

DETROIT (AP) - The shell of an abandoned Detroit home has been torn down months after an artist stripped the home’s facade for an art display.

The Detroit Free Press (https://on.freep.com/1Rot2Vu ) reports a city crew hired by the Detroit Land Bank Authority tore down the two-story home Monday. Ryan Mendoza, an American artist living in Europe, stripped much of the home’s materials to build a replica.

Neighbors were unhappy about the home’s skeleton that was left standing six months after Mendoza returned to Europe.

A mayor’s office spokesman, John Roach, says the city would seek a judge’s order to make Mendoza pay for the demolition. Mendoza says he had been willing to pay since the start and that a contractor he hired didn’t deliver.

___

Information from: Detroit Free Press, https://www.freep.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide