- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 29, 2016

MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. (AP) - A man has been seriously injured and 13 cats have died in an explosion at a Mountain Home residence.

The Baxter Bulletin (https://bit.ly/1Tgu5YQ ) reports that firefighters arrived at the scene around 8:30 a.m. Monday after an explosion tore through the house, sending glass from windows some 30 feet from the front of the home.

Mountain Home Fire Chief Ken Williams says firefighters were able to tame the blaze that covered about 30 percent of the house in approximately 10 minutes.

Williams says the fire was caused by a kerosene heater used to heat the home, which didn’t have gas or electric service.

A 25-year-old man was able to make it out of the home on his own, but received severe burns in the process. He was transported to a Missouri hospital.

___

Information from: The Baxter Bulletin, https://www.baxterbulletin.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide