- Associated Press - Thursday, March 3, 2016

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say four adults and a toddler have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Waterloo.

Firefighters found a woman unconscious in a doorway at the residence Wednesday night, and the rest of the occupants were out of the house and conscious.

Fire Battalion Chief Marty Freshwater says a gas-powered generator placed in a laundry room by the back door was supplying electrical power to the house and had been operating for about 30 minutes. Freshwater says the occupants mistakenly thought leaving a window open on the storm door would provide enough ventilation.

The occupants called 911 for help around 11 p.m. when they became sick at the same time.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide